Hello ATC Members!
We want to thank all members for being accommodating and following the guidelines.
We ask all members to please do their part in keeping the ATC safe.
The following rules will be strictly enforced and must be adhered to by all members to ensure continued play at the Club during this pandemic. Membership privileges could be removed if guidelines are not followed.
Please review Members section of website for additional information:
Aldershot Tennis Club – Aldershot Tennis Club Reopening Guidelines – June 2021
Aldershot Tennis Club – COVID Lesson Protocol
Aldershot Tennis Club – Club Access
General Club Guidelines:
REOPENING GUIDELINES FOR THE ALDERSHOT TENNIS CLUB – COVID-19 Protocol
Aldershot Tennis Club: Step 1 (June 11th @ 12:01 am)
The following rules will be strictly enforced and must be adhered to ensure continued play at the Club during the pandemic. Membership privileges could be removed if guidelines are not followed.
Please review the “Members” section of the website for court access information. Protocols will be adjusted as the Ontario Government and Halton Region adjust their guidelines.
Prior to Booking Court Time
Before attending Aldershot Tennis Club we ask all members to please take note of the following:
- DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB if you have coronavirus of have been in contact with someone who is diagnosed or presumed COVID-19 positive in the last 14 days.
- DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting flu-like symptoms. Please refer to Ontario COVID–19 Self–Assessment if you exhibit any related symptoms.
- DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB if you have returned from travel or have come in contact with someone who has returned from travel in the past 14 days.
- DO KNOW your Risk Level – Older adults or individuals with underlying medical conditions may be at a higher risk of severe illness if exposed to COVID 19. If uncertain of your Risk Level, check with your family doctor before returning to activities.
- Members are asked to complete an Ontario COVID–19 Self–Assessment prior to coming to the club.
General Club Guidelines
- Club House will ONLY be open to ACCESS the Courts and USE Accessible Washroom. DO NOT congregate in the clubhouse. Door code is available on Court Booking page.
- Sanitizing wipes will be made available to wipe down the washroom. Members are asked to sanitize the washroom with wipes provided before and after use.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available for members use. If possible please bring your own sanitizer and wipes.
- Sanitizing wipes will be made available to wipe down the doors. The doors must be wiped at least two times a day.
- No Guests or Walk-Ons will be permitted. Play MUST be booked through Gigasport.
- Doubles is allowed, players MUST maintain 3 m (10 feet) at all time when playing.
- Group lessons can be offered to a maximum of 10 participants (including guardian(s)). Any guardians must wear a mask for the duration of their stay. Participants must remain 3 m (10 feet) apart during the lesson.
- Juniors: All juniors will be required to have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Juniors may be accompanied by at least on Parent or Guardian.
- Ball Hoppers and Ball Machines can be used in accordance with Winter restrictions.
- Report any safety concerns to the ATC president: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for Tennis Play
While playing tennis please note the following:
- Wash your hands and if possible bring hand sanitizer.
- Wipe down your equipment and bring water. No water fountain available on the courts.
- If possible leave space in the parking lot between cars.
- Members MUST wear a mask/face covering when inside the clubhouse, facility and walking to and from their reserved courts. Masks can be removed ONLY when playing tennis.
- Maximum of five members will be allowed inside of the clubhouse to access the courts at one time. Please be courteous and provide 3 m (10 feet) at the exits.
- DO NOT show up at the club until your booked time.
- DO NOT walk onto the court, until the previous players have left.
- DO NOT share any equipment, water or food.
- DO NOT walk onto any other court to retrieve a ball during play. If you need to walk through a court, please communicate with the players first.
- MAINTAIN 3m (10 feet) of physical distance when on the courts.
- Avoid touching:
- Your face;
- Where possible communal surfaces, like the gates or doors.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow or clothing.
- Please leave the courts when the next players show up.
- DO NOT shake hands.
- Collect all of your garbage prior to leaving the courts.
- Members MUST wear a mask/face covering when inside the clubhouse, facility and walking to and from their reserved courts. Masks can be removed when playing tennis.
- Members are to leave the facility though the 2 emergency doors (Court 1 and Court 2) and not go through the clubhouse.
- Once play is complete, leave the courts and parking lot immediately. Do NOT congregate in the parking lot.
- Wash your hands at home after visiting the courts.
- Club House will NOT be open.
- Mask/Face Coverings must be worn at all times when inside the clubhouse, airlock and in the bubble when not playing tennis (walking to and from booked court, preparing for play, etc.)
- Airlock Capacity is restricted to TWO members at one time. To reduce congestion members are asked to leave the courts 5-10 minutes before the end of their session.
- Bubble Capacity is restricted to 10 and members are asked to not enter the bubble until the previous members have left the bubble and the court is empty.
- Airlock Doors’ handles and push bars must be sanitized at least twice daily. Members are asked to please record the date and time doors were sanitized on the check sheet inside of the bubble, use wipes to sanitize airlock doors during departure and dispose of wipe in garbage outside of the bubble.
- No Guests or Walk-Ons will be permitted. Member’s play MUST be booked through Gigasport.
- Singles Only. Exception: Doubles permitted ONLY if your partner resides in the same household.
Report any safety concerns to the ATC president: email@example.com