REOPENING GUIDELINES FOR THE ALDERSHOT TENNIS CLUB
COVID-19 Protocol – Phase 3
Thanks to the effort of a number of volunteers the club will open for ADULT members tomorrow, June 1st. Due to special requirements no JUNIORS are allowed to play at this time. The club is finalizing guidelines for junior members, and will provide an update as soon as possible.
The club will be sending guidelines to provide a safe return by following protocols established by Premier Ford, City of Burlington, Tennis Canada and OTA (Stage 3). We ask all members to ensure they review and understand these guidelines prior to play and do their part in keeping the ATC safe.
The guidelines will be strictly enforced and must be adhered to by all members to ensure continued play at the Club during this time. Membership privileges could be removed if guidelines are not followed.
Please review the following guidelines prior to playing at the club.
Aldershot Tennis Club – COVID Return to Play Guidelines
Aldershot Tennis Club – COVID Lesson Protocol
Aldershot Tennis Club – Junior Member Guidelines
General Club Guidelines
- Club House and Washrooms will NOT be open.
- Courts will be open for play from 7am to 10pm. Lights will automatically turn on at 8:15pm and off at 10:15pm, the button on the outside wall of the building has been locked and disabled.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available for members use at the Entry and Exits of the courts. If possible please bring your own sanitizer and wipes.
- Sanitizing wipes will be made available to wipe down the entry lock and key when used.
- No Guests or Walk-Ons will be permitted. Member’s play MUST be booked through Gigasport.
- Singles and Doubles play is allowed. Members MUST practice physical distancing when playing doubles. Players can share tennis balls when playing, but when possible use racquet to return tennis balls to other courts.
- Leagues and Round Robins are permitted in Phase 3. During each session attendance MUST be recorded and left in the airlock, if no one volunteers to take attendance and manage the league court time will not be allocated. Members MUST practice physical distancing during play.
- Juniors will be required to have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian and juniors under 10 will require a guardian to supervise from outside of the courts. Exception: If guardian is a member and wishes to play singles or doubles with junior.
Access to Courts
- Members can access the facility from the fence at Court 4, the gate is open (sign posted to indicate “No trespassing”).
- First members are asked to unlock chain to access the courts. Code to obtain key is 4321. Use wipes provided to clean key, lock and box.
- Last members are asked to lock access to the courts. If you are leaving and no other members are present, please lock the gate. Use wipes provided to clean key, lock and box.
League/Round Robin Play
In Stage 3 the club has been permitted to allow for large organized group play. In order for league time to be pre-booked each league MUST have a volunteer(s) to organize the players, record a list of members present each session and ensure club’s rules are being followed. If you are interested in volunteering for the following leagues, please contact the board:
- Tuesday Evening Double’s Drop In
- Women’s Wednesday Morning Round Robin
- Women’s Thursday Evening League
- Men’s Saturday Morning Round Robin
- Sunday Evening Double’s Drop In
Report any safety concerns to the ATC president: firstname.lastname@example.org